Monday, May 17, 2010

Seghesio winery and the "Family Tables"


We’re planning a winetasting trip to Napa and Sonoma and looking around at what new things we want to do while we’re there. My friend comes across Seghesio Winery’s website and read about a new thing they’re doing. Well, definitely new to us. Now I’m starting to get excited about our upcoming trip.

What is it, you ask? Check out
http://seghesio.com and their program called “Family Tables”. What they do is a food and wine pairing. We sit around a table with 4-8 people and for $35 per person we’ll have a lunch and taste wines. The chef will create seasonal tastes of family recipes. Such a cool idea.

Here is the menu for May. My stomach is growling just thinking about it. http://www.seghesio.com/MonthlyMenu/tabid/242/Default.aspx


Napa and Sonoma can get so crowded and this is an excellent way for a winery to set themselves apart from regular winetastings. I’m glad I did some web surfing to find this.

(In case you’re wondering why my voice sounds different on this post, it’s because this is for a web writing class I’m taking. We have to talk about digital media.) I prefer to talk about the wine, but truthfully in the wine world you have to sell it and marketing on the web is a huge aspect of their marketing campaign.

What I’m most excited about is trying new wineries, eating great food and hanging with great friends.


Robin Dohrn-SimpsonFreelance Writerwww.robindohrnsimpson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment